International Baccalaureate Online
The IB Diploma Programme (DP) is an academically challenging
and balanced programme of education with final examinations
that prepares students, aged 16 to 19, for success at university and
It has been designed to address the intellectual, social, emotional and physical well-being of students. The programme has gained recognition and respect from the world’s leading universities. The Diploma Programme prepares students for effective participation in a rapidly evolving and increasingly global society as they:
- Develop physically, intellectually, emotionally and ethically.
- Acquire breadth and depth of knowledge and understanding, studying courses from six subject groups.
- Develop the skills and a positive attitude towards learning that will prepare them for higher education.
- Study at least two languages and increase understanding of cultures, including their own.
- Make connections across traditional academic disciplines and explore the nature of knowledge through the programme’s unique theory of knowledge course.
- Undertake in-depth research into an area of interest through the lens of one or more academic disciplines in the extended essay.
- Enhance their personal and interpersonal development through creativity, action and service.
ADVANTAGES OF STUDYING THE ONLINE INTERNATIONAL BACCALAUREATE DIPLOMA PROGRAMME
From anywhere in the world
Lessons will take place in central European time and will be recorded so that they can be accessed at any time and from anywhere in the world.
- Bilingual Spanish – English
In addition to the daily lessons in synchronous
mode and the possibility of accessing all of them asynchronously, students will be provided with a tailored educational model and will receive the individual support they need.
With the best teachers
Experts in teaching the different Diploma Programme subjects, all our teachers have extensive experience in hybrid and online methodologies.
First class technology
Thanks to our constant commitment to cutting-edge technology, students will enjoy, in our personalised virtual environment for individual and collaborative work, interactive experiences in simulators and laboratories. Additionally, they will have access to an infinite number of resources and tools in their day to day and will be in direct contact with their teachers.
Joining our community
We want our online students to feel part of our learning community. We offer a full range of activities in which they ca
Students taking the DP in the 21/22 academic year at LEOH International Schools obtained an average of 34.9 points, higher than the world average for that year, with a top mark of 45 points.
We implement a discussion-based learning model in which all students build knowledge together, guided by their subject teachers. This proposal improves interactions between students and their teachers. It brings us closer to the SEK educational experience by including a holistic approach to the student and a sense of community. In addition, this proposal promotes cognitive, social, emotional, physical, mental growth and the development of personal identity.
Inquiry, discussion and competency-based learning are the focus of our teaching and learning purpose. Our competency model is the result of merging the dimensions of the IB teaching and learning approaches and the SEK Education Group competency profile. It is an integral part of teaching and learning that goes beyond the strictly academic and is applicable to all members of our broad learning community.
How does discussion-based learning work with online IB Diploma Programme students?
- Mostly synchronous